We foster a community of honesty and respect for all, empowering women, men, and everyone in between to date successfully.
We value diversity, respect all beliefs and value all interests, as long as these beliefs and interests are not hateful, rude, abusive, bullying, misogynistic or misandristic towards others.
We believe that people deserve to be treated with kindness and respect, the way you'd treat someone who gives you time offline.
We expect you to uphold this behavior standard while on The Round.
We've designed these to ensure every user has a safe and enjoyable experience on The Round.
- Don't be rude, aggressive, or hateful.
- Put your best self forward.
- Show up on time, keep your word & don't flake.
- Don't be rude or aggressive.
- Be decent and respectful of your match's time.
- Treat people as you'd want to be treated.
Failing to act properly and following the guidelines could result in losing access to our platform, which would suck, so don't do it.
We currently do not support “couple” or “group” options and do not encourage casual dating, affairs and mail-order brides.
Our guidelines for profile photos are designed for your safety and success in mind - they're mostly common sense:
- Please don't use other people's photos or copyrighted photos - stealing isn't right and won't be tolerated.
- No photos of you in your underwear - save it for the bedroom.
- No shirtless/underwear mirror selfies - ask a friend to take a photo of you clothed rather than posting these.
- No photos with overlaid watermarks or text - this means you probably stole it, refer back to rule one.
- No graphic, violent or hunting photos with dead animals- we know we're from Texas but still, keep it off our app.
- No photos of kids, clothed or unclothed - feel free to mention you have one in your bio.
- Avoid using photos in bikinis/swimwear indoors; you're probably not showing up to a date in a bikini - save those photos for other apps.
Please follow our guidelines at the risk of losing your account. Any violation of these guidelines will result in a warning or the termination of your account at The Round team's discretion. These guidelines are in place to make The Round a safe dating community.
Additionally, we encourage you to report others who fail to follow these behavioral guidelines.
We've analyzed thousands of profiles and have determined including the following elements give you higher chances to match.
Having quality photos is important as they make up a majority of your profile. As much as we want to look towards personality and character traits during the matching process, the reality is that people gravitate towards better photos. Here are the six types of photos we encourage you to include in your profile:
- First photo: A classic headshot (not selfie) - everyone wants someone who is approachable, a good headshot where you're smiling is the easiest way to do that.
- Second photo: The full-body shot - in an era where catfish wreak havoc all over online dating, the full body shot comes in handy to showcase your best self.
- Third photo: The friends photo - grab a great photo with your friends doing something fun related to your everyday life.
- Fourth photo: The travel shot - everyone loves to travel these days so having a photo showing a recent trip is a great way to kick off a conversation.
- Fifth photo: The fun shot - got a pet, fun hobby or weird talent? Share something that makes you unique with this last photo
- Sixth photo: The lifestyle shot - give a glimpse into your everyday life in order to spark conversations that focuses on how you spend your days. This photo sits at the bottom of your profile and will be the last image people see before they make a decision, so make it great.
Complete profile prompts and bio
Having a well thought out bio and complete answers to our fun fact prompts are a great way to display who you are and what you're into. Longer answers allow for other people in the round to connect with you. We suggest at least three sentences for your bio, with a focus on what you're looking for, and 1-2 upbeat and exciting sentences for each fun fact prompt.
Complete profile elements
Better matches are made when people are more confident about those they come across in the round. Having all of your profile elements completed (like religion, politics, and more) allows for others to more confidently say yes to a match.
Our top priority is user safety. Matches made on our platform are guided to safe, public spaces to meet for the first time within 48 hours of matching.
We understand meeting someone online or through an acquaintance is intriguing and exciting, but can also be risky. With this in mind, your safety is very important to us. As you control your experience on The Round, there are certain safety steps to follow while planning and going on a date.
Please read the tips and information below. We strongly urge you to follow these guidelines in the interest of your personal safety and well-being. You are the best judge of your own safety, and these guidelines are not intended to be a substitute for your own judgement.
Protect your personal information
Never give out personal information, such as your social security number, credit card number, bank information, or your work or home address to people you don't know or haven't met in person.
The Round will never send you an email asking for your username and password information. Any such communication should be reported immediately.
Protect your finances & never send money or financial info
Never respond to any request to send money, especially overseas or via wire transfer, and report it to us immediately - even if the person claims to be in an emergency. Wiring money is like sending cash: the sender has no protections against loss and it's nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace the money.
Be safe and smart
Block and report suspicious or hostile users. You can block and report concerns about any user anonymously at any time on The Round; we will follow up on reported incidents.
Report any and all suspicious or hostile behavior
- Minors using the platform
- Users behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
- Fraudulent registration or profiles
- Spam including suspicious generic messaging or links to unknown websites
- Solicitation, such as invitations to call 1-800 numbers or attempts to sell products or services
Thank you for helping to keep our dating community safe; if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines effective as of 07/20/20